Pigs and Pots | January 2014

Today I embarked on a pottery adventure with my mother and sister at a local Stoneware store. We didn't really go in with a gameplan, and we left still not knowing how the pottery will turn out (colourwise) after it's gone in the kiln. Regaurdless, it was a fun experience and here are a couple pictures of what exactly we got up to today. We all had the chance to paint a stoneware piece of choice: a plate, a mug and a huge bowl. The painting process was really fun and interesting because of how quickly the paint dried on the stoneware and how the colours didn't all look like we commonly see colours (in the right picture the bottom paint colour is labeled black but clearly looks like a red to our feeble human- non stoneware eyes). All in all, we had fun, and I am really proud of the little pig I stamped at the bottom of my new coffee cup!