I have started to read Girl, Interrupted and I have a list of books and films I need to absorb with my eyes and feel with my emotions. Ok, that was extreme- but I honestly have such a passion for those things yet recently I haven't had time to indulge and do them (reading and watching films). So, I decided to put down The Wind-Up Bird Chronicle until I have a week where I can dedicate myself to that book & start reading and watching things instead. I feel like that might sound a little stupid to some people, but sometimes when you've been trying to read a book for a while (in my case over a month) and you just can't seem to get past a certain point, it's best to put it down for a little while and start fresh instead of dragging your eyes page after page and not really enjoying what you're reading. Unless the book sucks (or is a schoolbook/ textbook) then you just gotta suck it up, or be really good at getting by without reading the book! The next movie I want to watch is Fight Club- so hopefully I can make a mini post about it tomorrow (though there is no point since I'm like the last person on Earth who hasn't seen it). P.S I'm super pumped to go see Pompeii & Labor Day & The Monuments Men since I haven't been to see a film due to hectic schedule!
blah blah books | February 2014
I have started to read Girl, Interrupted and I have a list of books and films I need to absorb with my eyes and feel with my emotions. Ok, that was extreme- but I honestly have such a passion for those things yet recently I haven't had time to indulge and do them (reading and watching films). So, I decided to put down The Wind-Up Bird Chronicle until I have a week where I can dedicate myself to that book & start reading and watching things instead. I feel like that might sound a little stupid to some people, but sometimes when you've been trying to read a book for a while (in my case over a month) and you just can't seem to get past a certain point, it's best to put it down for a little while and start fresh instead of dragging your eyes page after page and not really enjoying what you're reading. Unless the book sucks (or is a schoolbook/ textbook) then you just gotta suck it up, or be really good at getting by without reading the book! The next movie I want to watch is Fight Club- so hopefully I can make a mini post about it tomorrow (though there is no point since I'm like the last person on Earth who hasn't seen it). P.S I'm super pumped to go see Pompeii & Labor Day & The Monuments Men since I haven't been to see a film due to hectic schedule!